Finance Dissertation Topics
Finance refers to the academic subject that focuses on studying, managing, and creating money and investments (Kaiser et al., 2022). Find out a suitable and relevant topic is a difficult task for students in finance as it is a vast area. On the contrary, the notion of the research must be intriguing to grab the reader’s attention. Furthermore, it must provide a better understanding and knowledge to the student. It is a discipline that responds to why and how that relates to the monetary aspect – how and why an individual, organisation, and government acquires and invests money. Finance generally responds to the financial market, which is accountable for the money flow. In addition, the financial service sector manages the flow of money. Several academic disciplines under finance dissertation are discussed below –
- Public Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Personal Finance
- Financial Economics
- Behavioural Finance
- International Finance
Some more disciplines are discussed under Finance. These are microfinance, investment management, financial management, financial reporting, etc.
Discussing the disciplines under Finance with some of the best topics
- Public Finance is the study of the governments role in the nation. It is referred to as the branch of economics which helps in assessing the revenue as well as the expenditure of the government for the public authorities (Tresch, 2022). In addition, it also focuses on the adjustment to obtain advisable impacts and circumvent the undesirable ones. In other words, it highlights the governmental effects depending on the resources effective allocation, income distribution among the citizens of the economy, and economic stability. This subject also answers some of the questions, such as when and how the government and the economy should intervene, the results obtained from intervening in the economy and the reason for intervening in the economy as per the governments way.
Some of the topics for the dissertation under Public Finance are –
- Public Debt in Europe at the Time of Covid – 19
- Macroeconomics Determinants Accountable for Increased Unemployment in Rome
- Empirical and Philosophical Analysis of Taxation Fairness
- Demographic Influence on Investments in Public Infrastructure
- Study on the Association between Public Administrator and Good Governance
- A detailed Study on Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Effect of Globalisation on the Modern World
- Market Failure and Governments Participation
- Methodologies for Public and Private Goods Market
- Case Study on Rival and Non-rival Consumption
- Private vs Public Goods
- Implications and Theory of Optimal Capital Taxation
- Empirically Analysing Discriminatory Excise Taxation
- Analyse the Problems of Debt Sustainability in Developing Nations
- Government Bailouts
2. Corporate Finance – One of the subjects under Finance deals with funding sources, capital structuring, decisions on investment and corporation accounting (Quiry et al., 2022). It often focuses on maximising shareholders’ value by implementing different strategies and through short and long-term financial planning. The main goal of this field is to make students learn and understand various methods by which shareholders’ value is maximised. This discipline consists of two main areas where research can be broad. Firstly, capital budgeting determines the worth of long-term investments in the funding process. And secondly, working capital focuses on the organisation’s or corporation’s operating liquidity. Some of the topics under corporate finance are –
- Role of Firm Size on Decision-making
- Application of Continuous-time Model in Different Environments of Finance
- Determinants of Financial Policies Connected to Financial Institutions
- An Investigation of the Financial Products and Their Life-cycle
- Decisions of Corporate Finance Amid Unstable Market Situations
- Impact of Culture on Sole Entrepreneur and the financial decisions
- Advancement of Technology in Practices of Conventional Contracts And Crowdfunding
- Influence of Taxes in the Banking Sector
- A Study on the Current Trends of Corporate Finance
- Significance of Macroeconomic Factors in the Supply of Money
- A Study on Different Strategies of Corporate Finance
- Collective Investment Model: An Overview
- Pros and Cons of Public and Private Business Sectors: An Empirical Study in the US
- Policy for Risk Management
- A Detailed Investigation of the Multinationals in the Financial Management
3. Personal Finance is the area where financial management is done by a family or an individual, which includes spending, budgeting and saving of monetary sources with a time focus on the financial risks and life events (Lee, 2019). To have a secure life ahead, individuals need to analyse the current position of finance to work on strategies. It also involves buying financial resources like insurance, mortgages, retirement plans, credit cards, etc. Various sources of investment involve the stock market, loans, bonds, saving accounts, mutual funds, health insurance and social security benefits. Some of the topics under Personal Finance are –
- Investigation of Elder People’s Digital Baking Issues
- Mutual Funds Are Increasingly Popular. Discuss
- An Assessment of the Changes in Investor Behaviour in the US Financial Market
- The Future of Private Equity Investment in the European Union
- How Does Diversity Management Address Financial Risks?
- A Qualitative Investigation on Whether an Individual Can Handle His Portfolio Efficiently
- Recent Advances in the World of Internet Banking: A Brief Description of Hedge Funds
- Brexit’s Impact on Individual Pocket Portfolio Maximization: A Win or a Miss?
- The Internet Banking Industry’s Evolution Over the Next Decade
- A Comprehensive Investigation into Why Banks Are Opposed to Digital Currency
4. Financial Economics – It is a discipline of finance that studies the allocation and utilisation of financial assets in markets (Kaiser et al., 2022). Financial choices must frequently consider foreseeable circumstances, whether they are connected to particular portfolios, stocks or the marketplace overall. It uses economic principles to assess how periods, threats, cost of opportunity, and knowledge might provide rewards or obstacles for a certain action. Financial economics frequently requires the establishment of difficult models to evaluate the variables that influence a specific choice. This discipline of economics largely depends on fundamental accounting ideas and microeconomics. It is a quantifiable discipline that employs econometrics and other mathematical techniques. Some of the research topics under Financial Economics are discussed below –
- How Speculation Threatens Banking Stability in Asian Markets.
- An evaluation of the different tax-saving investments.
- Building sustainability for retail investments through the use of a systematic investing plan.
- A comprehensive examination of the Indian financial sector.
- A comprehensive report on electronic payments and how they might be improved.
- When contrasting savings with investing, are there possible dangers and rewards?
- Why the Indian economy operates in light of its existing banking activities.
- Is ratio analysis a useful tool for analysing financial statements?
- A case study on the investment portfolios of older citizens.
- How the Indian economy’s income tax is designed and applied.
5. Behavioural Finance – It is a part of behavioural economics that takes on psychological considerations and prejudices that impact the decisions made by financial professionals and investors (Costa et al., 2019). In addition, impacts and prejudices can be utilised to describe different types of market abnormalities, especially abnormalities in the market for stocks, for example, sharp jumps or fall in the price of stocks. Because behavioural finance is such an important investment component, the Commission on Securities and Exchanges has employees dedicated to it. Some of the research topics under Behavioural Finance are –
- The connection underlying behavioural prejudice and individual investing decisions
- An Overview of behavioural therapy in the World of Finance
- What are the present personal financial decision-makers mediators?
- Personal qualities and societal standards play a role in investment and decision-making processes.
- How can cultural settings influence choices regarding investments and attitudes concerning entrepreneurial risk-taking?
- Addressing the complexities of behavioural financial planning
- An inquiry into the application technology plays in investigating decision making
- An Investigation into the Prospects of Behavioural Finance
- Individual Rationality’s Contribution to Investment in Energy Choice-making
- Investment as an investor’s behaviour – a comparison of the activity as a trained or instinctual behaviour
6. International Finance – International Finance, also referred to as international macroeconomics. It details the understanding of managing finance in a global world. It describes how to deal in international marketplaces, exchange money from abroad, and profit from such actions (Madura, 2020). Some of the topics under International Finance are –
- The Obstacles and Initiatives Involved in International Financing Amid Covid – 19
- A Survey of the Research on Global Financial Markets and Ethical Hazards
- A Comprehensive Examination of Russia`s Position in International Economic Organizations
- Discovering the Issues and Remedies Inherent in International Financial Design
- A survey of the literature on tax effectiveness and structural change.
- Firm value via the within-company revenue multiplier: A Study
- Global banks’ willingness to take risks
- Exploring the present problems and constraints in exchange rate determination
- Literature on the Attempt to incorporate financial transactions in a globalised world
- International macroeconomics aid to address global monetary issues? Developing current problems
Some other areas of finance are discussed below –
Microfinance – Microfinance is a form of banking offered to low-income people or organisations without access to financial products and services (Milana and Ashta, 2020). It enables individuals to safely take out acceptable loans for running small businesses and follow legal lending practices. Some of the research topics are –
- Discuss the tremendous growth and prominence of microfinance: An overview
- Microfinance Trends and Their Impacts on the emerging nations
Financial Management is developing a business strategy and ensuring that all departments adhere to it (Brigham and Houston, 2021). Revenue recognition, Fixed-asset management, payment processing and accounting are all part of financial management. It offers continuous insight into the financial health of a business while alleviating everyday activities, including period-end closure procedures, by amalgamating these crucial elements. Some of the research topics are –
- What effect does asset management have on a company’s financial performance? An examination of panel data
- Impact of asset management charge on financial growth
Financial Reporting – Financial reporting is the transmission of financial details to stakeholders, both internal and external, and is most commonly accomplished through the “basic” financial reports, which consist of the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement (Wahlen et al., 2022). Some of the research topics are –
- Interest rate fervour in Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Finance Expected Returns
How Do You Pick the Best Finance Dissertation Topics?
- Understand Your Passions: A subject matter that does not pique your interest will lead you out of nowhere, so there is no need to consider it. Choose the sub-discipline that piques your interest and in which you have a solid command. For example, check for the best finance and accounting dissertation themes if you excel in accounting. This keeps you engaged with the subject matter during the writing process. Furthermore, the research procedure will be quick.
- Choose a Topic with Practical Applications: Choosing an interdisciplinary subject with no real-world implications will only make you snooze. As a result, it is recommended that you select one with a broad study scope and real-world applications. Choosing an acceptable concept from finance and banking topics for dissertations will be advantageous in this scenario. It will nevertheless need several hours of study, but it will save you valuable time shortly.
- Current subjects are important: Professors like exploring the most recent research ideas; thus, you should take advantage of this chance to explore them. When you stumble across a trendy topic, do some research on it. Consider picking the concept if it meets your expectations. The ideal strategy for choosing an interesting finance dissertation subject is to scour several sources such as blog entries, publications, discussion boards, etc.
- Knowing the limit of words in advance: There should be no purpose in selecting an extensive topic and surpassing the word limit. As a result, knowing the word restriction before choosing a concept is a wise strategy. If the issue necessitates lengthy paragraphs and explication, please refrain from it. Proper preparation is required here.
- Brigham, E.F. and Houston, J.F., 2021. Fundamentals of financial management: Concise. Cengage Learning, 21(2), pp.4-19
- Costa, D.F., Carvalho, F.D.M. and Moreira, B.C.D.M., 2019. Behavioural economics and behavioural finance: a bibliometric analysis of the scientific fields. Journal of Economic Surveys, 33(1), pp.3-24.
- Kaiser, T., Lusardi, A., Menkhoff, L. and Urban, C., 2022. Financial education affects financial knowledge and downstream behaviours. Journal of Financial Economics, 145(2), pp.255-272.
- Lee, S.K., 2019. Fintech nudges: Overspending messages and personal finance management. NYU Stern School of Business, 23(5), pp.33-56
- Madura, J., 2020. International financial management. Cengage Learning, 28(3), pp.5-36
- Milana, C. and Ashta, A., 2020. Microfinance and financial inclusion: Challenges and opportunities. Strategic Change, 29(3), pp.257-266.
- Quiry, P., Le Fur, Y. and Vernimmen, P., 2022. Corporate finance: theory and practice. John Wiley & Sons, 18(2), pp. 7-26
- Tresch, R.W., 2022. Public finance: A normative theory. Academic Press, 17(4), pp.3-27
- Wahlen, J.M., Baginski, S.P. and Bradshaw, M., 2022. Financial reporting, financial statement analysis and valuation. Cengage Learning, 17(4), pp.3-22
Author Bio: Mark Edmonds, a dedicated professional at Academic Assignments, specializes in providing top-notch finance assignment help to students. With his expertise, he assists students in excelling in their finance assignments and offers reliable dissertation help for their academic pursuits.